On this page, we collected some links that you might find useful, if you want to learn more about the Fortran programming language, are searching for additional codes and libraries or want to find out how to do parallel programming in Fortran.
Fortran Code Libraries
- John Burkardt has a large collection of numerical source codes in Fortran 90.
- A FORTRAN 90 Numerical Library (AFNL)
- LAPACK is a popular code collection for linear algebra in Fortran.
- You can read the book Numerical Recipes in Fortran 90 for free here.
- GSL is the scientific library of the GNU system, which provides ample routines for solving mathematical problems. It is designed for C programmers, but can also be used in Fortran, see here.
- A Fortran 90 tutorial by Sarah T. Whitlock at Stanford University
- A Fortran Tutorial by J. Nicholson
Parallel Programming in Fortran
- The OpenMP website
- Parallel Programming in Fortran 95 using OpenMP, a guide by M. Hermanns
- OpenMP examples by John Burkardt
Commercial Fortran Websites
- The Fortran Company offers a couple of useful links to libraries and compilers.
- Polyhedron gives advice on commercial compilers, etc.