How to locate the specific directory of Fortran

Forums Installation Problems Windows Users How to locate the specific directory of Fortran

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by YH Wang September 2, 2019 at 4:08 pm.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

YH Wang
    User

in the install file, if I change the directory to Fortran, which layer should it point to, for example, if my fortran is installed, there is a path C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1, and a handful of other sub directories, do I need to locate some executable file?

Fabian Kindermann

Dear YH Wang,

it seems you are using the Intel Fortran Compiler instead of the GNU Compiler. If you want to do this, you will have to adjust a couple of things in the installation file. The best is to go step by step and think about which of the installation steps is necessary. I think the steps you don’t need are

:: QUERY SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE
    :: ASK FOR INSTALLATION DIRECTORY CHANGES
    :: INSTALL COMPILER USING CYGWIN
    :: UPDATE PATH VARIABLE

In the part :: CREATE FORTRAN COMPILIATION FILE FOR GEANY you have to make sure that you are using the proper ifort commands instead of the gfortran commands. Please look up the use of these commands in the Intel Fortran Compiler documentation. You will have to make the same adjustments for the compilation of the toolbox in :: THIS IS TO INSTALL THE TOOLBOX. Make sure that your Intel Fortran Compiler executable ifort is on the environment variable path. Otherwise this won’t work. This means that you should be able to compile and link programs using the console.

You can choose any location for installation you like. The folder should exist, though. So make sure you create it in advance. The installation file only puts the compiled toolbox into this location folder.

If you don’t want to go through all these steps, there is an alternative to using geany as an Integrated Development Environment. Microsoft Visual Studio has an excellent Intel Fortran Compiler integration. You might want to give this a thought.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Best,
    Fabian

YH Wang
    User

Thank you Fabian, really appreciate your reply. I’ll have a try and get back to you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.