How to incorporate openMP into Geany?

Forums Installation Problems Windows Users How to incorporate openMP into Geany?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by LU XU August 18, 2019 at 10:21 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

LU XU
    User

Hi,

I wonder whether it is possible to incorporate openMP into Geany so that I can speed up the calculation? If so, How can I incorporate it?

Thanks in advance.

Fabian Kindermann

Dear Lu Xu,

yes this is possible, as the GNU Fortran Compiler supports openMP commands. The only thing you have to do is adjust the calling convention for the compiler in Geany. Therefore, you have to do the following steps:

1. Open some f90 file in geany
    2. In the header menu, navigate to Build and then click on Set Build Commands.
    3. In the first panel, there should be three entries, Compile, Build and Debug. In the first two of these statements, search for the phase -O3. After this phrase, simply add the statement -fopenmp.

That’s it. You should now be able to use openMP commands in your fortran code.

Let me know, whether it works or not.

Best,
    Fabian

LU XU
    User

Hi Fabian,

Thank you very much for your advice,

I tried your instructions. Compliance and Build seem to work well. When I excute the program, however, an error occurs showing:

5 [] prog 19252 cygwin_exception::open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to prog.exe.stackdump

——————
    (program exited with code: 35584)

Press any key to continue . . .

and I wonder what is going on behind this.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
    Lu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.