Font in result window

Forums Feedback, suggestions, wishes, etc. Font in result window

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Shengzhi Mao July 3, 2019 at 5:19 pm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Shengzhi Mao
    User

Could anyone tell me how to set the font in Geany and pop-out result window permanently? Each time I open Geany, the font goes back to its original small font, which is a bit annoying.

Fabian Kindermann

Dear Shengzhi Mao,

on which operating system are you working?

Fabian

Shengzhi Mao
    User

Hi Fabian, I’m working on a Mac OS 10.12

Fabian Kindermann

Dear Shengzhi Mao,

you can change geany’s settings permanently by navigating to its configuration file. You can do this by opening a terminal and typing open ./.config/geany. There should be a file called geany.conf, which contains all relevant configurations for geany. Take this file and copy it to some location outside the folder, as it will be protected so you can’t write into it by default. In this file search for the tag font and you will see all the font configurations you can do. Once you changed all the configurations you want, you can just bring back the file to the original folder and geany should use your default configurations permanently.

I hope this helps.

Best, Fabian

Shengzhi Mao
    User

Sorry, as you said, I only find three lines of codes as follows in the geany.conf:
    [geany]
    indent_type=0
    pref_main_load_session=false
    beep_on_errors=false

Fabian Kindermann

This sometimes happens and I don’t know why geany doesn’t paste all the configurations in there. What you want to add to the file are the following lines:

editor_font=Menlo 12
    tagbar_font=Helvetica Medium 12
    msgwin_font=Menlo Medium 12

[VTE]
    font=Menlo 12

The last one governs the terminal font setting. You can play around with these until you like the settings. Be aware that you have to use a program other than geany to change these settings (e.g. TextEdit), as geany actively works with this file on runtime.

Let me know how things go,
    Fabian

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Fabian Kindermann.

Shengzhi Mao
    User

Thank you! It works perfectly now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.