Error with toolbox, can not find toolbox.mod

Forums Questions on specific programs Error with toolbox, can not find toolbox.mod

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Fabian Kindermann July 6, 2020 at 11:00 am.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Simon Paul
    User

Hi, I’m using Win 7 system and toolbox version 1.3,
    when I try to run prog01_17 and prog01_18, the following error occurs, the other programs in prog01 are working fine.

gfortran -Wall -c “prog01_17.f90” (in directory: D:\Fortran Learning\complete\prog01\prog01_17)
    prog01_17.f90:17:8:
    17 | use toolbox
    Fatal Error: Cannot open module file ‘toolbox.mod’ for reading at (1): No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    Compilation failed.

Can anyone help with this?

Fabian Kindermann

Hi Simon,

it seems that you compiler statements in geany are messed up. When you want to call a program that includes toolbox routines, the compiler statement in geany should read like

gfortran -O3 -Werror -Wno-unused -fimplicit-none -Wall -fcheck=bound,do -ffpe-trap=invalid,zero,overflow -I"C:\cygwin\include" -J"./Build" -c "%f" -o "Build/%e.o"

If you are manually compiling a program from the command line, the minimum specification you have to use is

gfortran -I"C:\cygwin\include" -c "prog01_17.f90"

Not that you also have to provide the location o toolbox.o upon linking and builing the file. So you need

gfortran "C:\cygwin\include\toolbox.o" "prog01_17.o" -o prog

Does this help? Let me know if there are any more issues.

Best,
    Fabian

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.