Can toolbox be used with Geany1.35

Forums Questions on and problems with the toolbox Can toolbox be used with Geany1.35

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Fabian Kindermann July 3, 2019 at 4:45 pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

p Qian
    User

Hello,

I notice Geany 1.35 has been released. However, after I updated the default Geany1.34 with the new version I find the compiler can’t access to the toolbox anymore (it can’t find the toolbox), even if I re-run the install_toolbox.bat.

Have you encountered this problem?

Best,

Fabian Kindermann

Hey, by reinstalling geany, you most likely deinstalled the configuration file that governs the compilation and building of Fortran programs. Do you work on a Windows platform?

Fabian

p Qian
    User

Yes. I’m using a windows platform. If the update works fine in Linux then it is not a big deal. I’m going to use Linux soon. Just want you to know it may be a problem in windows.

Fabian Kindermann

Dear Quian,

sorry for the late reply, but I’ve recently been very busy with family issues. On the Linux platform, you should automatically get the latest release. I will try to incorporate the latest geany into the windows installation as soon as possible. I am currently also working on some other stuff. So it will take a couple of days.

If you want to patch your latest geany installation on windows, you will have to do the following:

• Download the current installation package for windows.
    • Unzip the installation package and navigate to the folder src.
    • Copy this file to the folder %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\geany\filedefs\, where %userprofile% is your parent user folder that carries your username.

Once this is done, geany should again recognize the gnu Fortran compiler.

Hope this helps,
    Fabian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.